2 cups cubed and peeled butternut squash, cut into ¼-inch cubes (about 1 large or 2 medium)
2 teaspoons coconut and olive oil
½ cup thinly sliced red onion (about ½ small onion)
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups kale, tightly packed, washed and torn with tough stems removed (about 1 bunch)
Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to taste
Avocado, fried eggs, Lemon wedges, optional
1. Heat oil in a large skillet placed over medium-high heat.
2. Add butternut squash and onion. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5-8 minutes or until onions and squash start to soften a bit.
3. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant
.4. Add 2 tablespoons water and cover with a lid. Cook additional 3-4 minutes or until potatoes are just about done.
5. Add kale, toss well and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted and tender.
6. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemon wedges, avocado slices or a fried egg, if desired.
Serving Size = 2 eggs and 2 cups of vegetables