1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1 bulb fennel (small), cored and sliced thin
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
2 zucchini, halved and sliced
3 cups chopped fresh kale
1 pint fresh grape or cherry tomatoes
2 cloves garlic minced
2-3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar, NO sugar added
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
A few drops of liquid stevia, to sweeten – optional
1 tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
Himalayan sea salt and pepper
1. Heat a large deep nonstick or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet. *The oil is only necessary if your skillet is nonstick.
2. Sear the fennel and bell pepper until char marks form on the sides and the fennel softens. Remove and set aside.
3. Next sear the zucchini until just browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
4. Meanwhile chop the chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside. Toss the chicken pieces with dried Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the remaining oil to the skillet and sear the chicken, stirring to brown for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic, chopped kale and tomatoes. Sear another 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Add all the cooked veggies back to the skillet, followed by golden balsamic vinegar, liquid stevia, and 1/4 – 1/2 cups water. Toss and warm. Taste, then salt and pepper as needed.
Serving Size = 3 ounces of chicken and 2 cups of vegetables