2 acorn squashes — cut half with seeds scooped out
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to tasteFor the ground turkey tacos:
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup onions — diced
3 cloves garlic — minced
½ cup tomato sauce — homemade or store bought
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1.5 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
Black pepper to taste
1/2 cup water or beef brothFor the salsa:
2 medium tomatoes — diced
¼ cup red onion — diced
1 green bell pepper — diced
1 teaspoon jalapeno — chopped — remove seeds for less heat
Fresh cilantro — chopped — optional
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 small garlic clove — minced
Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 370 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Pour olive oil over the acorn squash and sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper.
4. Bake in over for 50-60 minutes, until skin is soft and fork-tender.
5. While the acorn is baking in the oven, prepare the taco ground beef. In a skillet, add olive oil over medium high heat.
6. Add the ground beef and brown until no longer pink. Reduce the heat to medium and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent. Add all the spices and mix everything well to combine.
7. Pour over the tomato sauce and water. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 20-25 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
8. Meanwhile, let’s make the salsa by combining all the ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Set aside. (Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 5 days if you have leftover).9. To assemble, divide taco turkey meat among squash and top with salsa. Serve immediately or store separately in meal-prep containers in the refrigerator until ready to reheat and eat during the week.
Serving size = 3 ounces of turkey and 2 cups of vegetables