Lemon Pepper Salmon:
2 3-oz. salmon filets
1.5 teaspoons lemon pepper
Himalayan sea salt, to taste
2 lemon wedges
Lemon zest, for garnish
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. First, preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Next, prepare salmon, by placing a double piece of paper towel on a large plate. Place salmon filets on top of the paper towel, skin-side down and then place another piece of paper towel on top. Use your hands to press the paper towel into the salmon in order to remove as much moisture as possible.
3. Next, place the salmon filets on top skin-side down on a large cast iron skillet (a baking sheet works too!).
4. Sprinkle on a generous amount of lemon pepper seasoning on top of each filet. Then, season with salt to taste and place a lemon wedge on top.
5. Next, prepare broccoli by cutting into medium-sized florets. Place broccoli around your salmon filets and drizzle on olive oil. Then, season with salt and pepper.6. Bake cast iron skillet at 400ºF for 12-14 minutes or until the salmon is cooked all the way through and flakey.
Serving Size = 3 ounces of salmon and 2 cups of broccoli