1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, sliced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 ½ teaspoon dried parsley
5 cups homemade chicken broth or stock
2 cups cauliflower florets, riced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Press the SAUTE button on the Instant pot and let stand until screen reads “HOT”. Add the olive oil.
2. Add the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Press the CANCEL button.
4. Add the chicken, dried thyme, dried parsley and chicken broth and mix to combine. Close and seal the Instant pot. Turn the venting knob to SEALING.
5. Press PRESSURE COOK button and check to make sure the pressure level shows as “High” on the display. Adjust the timer to 8 minutes.
6. When finished cooking, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the rest of the pressure.
7. Open the lid. Remove the chicken from the pot. Shred the chicken with 2 forks.
8. Press the SAUTE button. Return the chicken to the pot.
9. Stir in the cauliflower rice and cook for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Stir in the chopped parsley.
10. Press the CANCEL button. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve warm.
Serving Size = 2 cups of vegetables and 3 ounces of chicken