2 lb flank steak
4 cloves garlic chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (NO sugar added)
2 teaspoons Himalayan sea salt, plus additional for seasoning after cooking
Cracked black pepper to taste
1. Prepare the marinade. Combine the garlic, rosemary, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until the oil and vinegar emulsify.
2. Place the steak into the marinade. Using your clean hands, work the marinade into the steak until well coated. Set aside to marinade at room temperature for at least 15 minutes, but not longer than 1 hour.
3. While the steak is marinating, prepare your grill for high heat.
4. Grill the steak 4 minutes per side for medium-rare to medium, or until an instant read thermometer reads 130°F. See the temperature guide in the body of the post. For best texture, do not cook above 140°F.
5. Remove the steaks from the grill and transfer to a cutting board. Season with additional salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Rest 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain, then sprinkle with additional chopped rosemary. Serve immediately. Leftovers keep in the fridge for approximately 3 days in a tightly sealed container and are delicious cold.
Serving Size = 3 ounces of steak with 2 teaspoons of marinade