1 pound of ground sirloin
1 large sweet onion – chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes (or regular)
1 can stewed tomatoes, chopped (homemade if preferred)
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 cup cauliflower rice
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon sweet basil
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Add the olive oil and onions to the Instant pot and press the Sauté button. Sauté until golden brown, stirring often.
2. Add the ground sirloin to the Instant Pot and cook until the meat is completely cooked and the meat is well browned.
3. Next, add the minced garlic and mix well. Cook for an additional minute and then turn off sauté mode.
4. Add the fire roasted diced tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, tomato paste, cauliflower rice, peppers, Italian seasoning, sweet basil, oregano, garlic salt, salt, pepper, and brown sweetener. Mix well.
5. While mixing, scrape the bottom of the pot for any bits that might be stuck. Add the chicken broth and water and mix one final time.
6. Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks. Make sure the pressure valve is set to ‘SEALING’, and press the Manual button and set the time to 10 minutes.
7. When done cooking, do a quick release, by gently turning the pressure valve from ‘SEALING’ to ‘VENTING’. Be careful not to burn yourself from the steam.
8. When all pressure has been released, open the lid to the Instant Pot and stir the soup. Serve warm and end enjoy!
Serving Size = 3 ounces of protein and 2 cups of cauliflower rice/veggie