2 lb. ground chicken
1/2 onion, minced
2 tablespoons Bragg’s liquid aminos
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 avocado, sliced
Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Balsamic Caramelized Onions:
3 large onions, sliced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons coconut oil
Himalayan sea salt
1. Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and season with salt. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring constantly, making sure to not burn the onions. Add the balsamic vinegar, lower heat and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, stirring; remove from heat.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
4. In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, coconut aminos, garlic, thyme, and season. Form 6 to 8 burger patties with the chicken mixture. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side on the preheated grill.
5. Serve the patties topped with caramelized onion, avocado slices, and your favorite condiments.
Serving Size = 3 ounces of chicken burger with 1/8 avocado