3 to 4 cups of shredded, cooked turkey meat
2 cups onions, chopped
2 bell pepper, chopped
2 cups diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chicken or turkey stock
2 tablespoons chili powder or to taste
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon dried hot red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Green onions, sliced (optional, for garnishing)
1. In a large saucepan placed over medium-high heat, melt some oil and cook the onions and bell peppers until the onions are golden (about 5 minutes).
2. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Stir well and cook for a minute.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken or turkey stock, cooked turkey meat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Give everything a good stir.
5. Bring the chili to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low, and let it simmer, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes.
6. Serve warm with freshly sliced green onions on top.
Serving Size = 3 ounces of turkey