2 skirt steaks
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
1 serrano or jalapeño chilies, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Portobello and Bell Pepper Ingredients:
2 to 3 large portobello mushrooms, sliced, stems removed
2 bell peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 tablespoons taco seasoning, NO sugar added
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. In a bowl, combine the lime, olive oil, cilantro, chili(es), garlic, oregano, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Pour the marinade over the steaks, and let marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Grill the steaks on both sides to your desired doneness (about 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare).
4. Let the steak rest for a few minutes.
5. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and bell peppers for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add the mushrooms, taco seasoning, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes stirring until it starts to soften, but is still firm.
8. Slice the steak against the grain, and serve with the portobello and vegetable medley.
Serving Size = 3 ounces of steak with 2 teaspoons of marinade and 2 cups of vegetables