2 lbs. sirloin tip steak, sliced
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup beef or chicken stock
1 tablespoon ground cumin
Juice from 1 lime
Fresh cilantro to taste
Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Season the steak to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Melt 2 teaspoons coconut or olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown the steak 4 to 5 minutes; set aside.
3. Lower heat to medium, and add the onions.
4. Cook, stirring for 6 to 8 minutes; then, add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
5. Add in the sliced tomatoes and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Pour the chicken or beef stock into the pan and cook, stirring until tomatoes are soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
7. Add the steak back to the skillet; season with cumin and pour lime juice into the mixture.
8. Toss everything and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Adjust seasoning as needed; serve topped with fresh cilantro and sliced lime.
Serving Size = 3 ounces of steak with 2 cups of veggies